Good creative skills are essential for the specialised fields of garden design and landscaping. Consequently, it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the industry and be able to apply acquired skills in a theoretical and practical manner. Lifestyle Learning Direct., one of the Gold Coast’s premier online learning and correspondence course providers, suggests that in order to be a good garden designer or landscaper you need to be able to:
1. Evaluate a design project, have a clear understanding of a designer’s role, and be able to conduct a meeting with a client.
2. Be knowledgeable about the historical influences on modern garden design.
3. Be able to identify the various ‘hard’ components of landscaping and design, such as garden structures and walls, fences and gates.
4. Have a good general knowledge about soils and plants, and other landscaping products such as compost, gravel, sleepers, pavers, cement, sand, rock and slate, and so on.
5. Be familiar with the pricing structure of various landscaping supplies.
6. Have had practical experience in several areas of landscape design and its allied industries, such as nurseries and landscaping supply yards.
7. Have an awareness of different styles of gardens, as well as lighting and water features and the various types of surfacing materials available for use in garden design.
8. Be knowledgeable about earthworks involved in landscaping and garden design.
9. Have a broad knowledge on the basics of starting a business, business plans, market analysis and ongoing management.
How can you become a better Garden Designer and Landscaper?
To gain professional garden design and landscaping proficiency, it is best to undertake a specialised course that teaches you the essential skills. Lifestyle Learning Direct. is a leader in the provision of writing distance education courses that aim to give students a broad understanding of the industry competency regarding both the theoretical and practical application of this knowledge.
Apart from understanding the application of good garden design ideas and landscaping elements and principles, you need to be conversant with other necessary components such as earthworks, marking out and job costing, as well as basic drawing skills and client/designer communication. As a result, you should develop the ability to apply this knowledge in a broad variety of situations, as well as recognise and correct all manner of design errors.
If you dream of being your own boss, as well as the theory of garden design and landscaping you also need to know the practical aspects of how to set up in business.
For more information in relation to garden design and landscaping, please contact Lifestyle Learning Direct.
- LMS Orientation Training Facilitate Proper Preparation for BPO Service Providers and e-Learners | On The Net Success
- Distance Education Course in Paralegal | Online Degree Talk