Are you planning a new garden design in Mesa, Arizona? Currently encountering some gardening problems? This article will provide you with remedies to the top 5 most common gardening problems in this day and age. Whether you’re designing your garden for beauty in your backyard or for vegetables that will feed your family, the following information will be beneficial to you.
Avoid the 5 Most Common Gardening Problems in Mesa, Arizona:
1. You don’t need a “green thumb” to raise crops or grow plants. The “green thumb” requirement is nothing but a myth. Peopler aren’t born with gardening skills! Rather, they acquire proper gardening knowledge and they implement what they learn. When we use the words “green thumb,” we don’t mean “talent,” or “flair.” We use those words as a label that refers to developed skills rather than acquired at birth. To solve the “green thumb” problem, which some people consider the most common of gardening excuses, anyone can learn how to grow and cultivate plants.
2. Be certain you have the appropriate landscape for your garden. This is not a precise rule on how to arrange your lawn or backyard to accommodate your garden, save for this: plants you wish to grow should be cultivated in an area where they can enjoy space. At full maturity, plants shouldn’t be close to one another, so much so that their foliage can already be regarded as the same. Plants need their own freedom to grow. Promoting space will ensure that they won’t have to fight for the nutrients they receive, and that diseases won’t spread quickly among the developing crops.
3. If you don’t have enough space for your desired garden, which is another popular problem in the long list of things that keep people from gardening, there are other options for you. In fact, that problem is pretty easy to address! The answer: try container gardening which will allow you to grow plants at home even if you’re living in an apartment or condominium.
4. Put a stop to pest invasion. If pests are left unimpeded, they will destroy your garden quickly. Pests can be eliminated through a variety of methods. You can try to attract useful insects that will feed on the particular pests. Or, you can grow companion plants that will repel the inhabitation of these creatures. You can also try commercial pesticides that will eliminate these pests without harming your plants.
5. Get rid of weeds! Stop thinking about pulling them out one by one or tilling the soil regularly. You won’t get rid of the roots and the weeds will just grow back. Try using mulch or putting a protective cover over your soil. This will deprive weeds of sunlight and they won’t be able to grow and reproduce.
Here’s some information about a popular desert plant that will make a great addition to your garden design in Mesa.
The Red Fairy Duster, also called Calliandra Californica, is a brilliant, puff-like flower that can bloom almost all year long, with peak bloom time occurring in the late spring. Its spectacular bloom makes it a colorful, accentuating shrub for the garden.
The Red Fairy Duster loves full sun. Supplemental water in the summer will increase blooming significantly. Its flowers are favored by hummingbirds and its small, dark green leaves lend this plant to a lush and almost tropical feel that can be used in a desert oasis landscape.
The Red Fairy Duster can grow to be both 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall, but it is particularly easy to maintain. Pruning is not necessary and watering should be done twice a month in winter and once a week in summer. The Red Fairy Duster is susceptible to frost and is both pest and disease resistant.
If you are still unsure about what will work in your garden design and landscaping in Mesa, there are plenty of online resources that can help you. For instance, many local landscaping companies have expertise in garden design and plants that thrive in the area. Hiring a professional garden design and landscaping company in Mesa, Arizona might just be your best bet. They can work with you to pick out the best plants that fit your taste, lifestyle and budget – and they can even help you maintain it!