Have you ever thought about making your own hydroponic indoor garden? The benefits over traditional soil based gardening are numerous.
The following are advantages of hydroponic indoor gardening:
1. You will not need to purchase any pesticides! The majority of garden pests thrive in the soil, as you won’t be using soil, there is nowhere for the pests to go!
2. After the initial set up costs, costs are around 20% lower with hydroponic indoor gardens!
3. You can grow more plants in a smaller space hydroponically as opposed to soil based gardening! This is true even though your plants will in fact grow larger, the roots will be smaller as they don’t need to spread out to find nutrients.
4. Maintenance time is greatly reduced! There is no watering as they already have all the water they need, weeding doesn’t exist in indoor hydroponic gardens either. In fact all you need to do is pick the fruit or vegetables as and when required.
5. The yield is year long and permanent. This is because you have manipulated the growing conditions to be optimum all the time. As soon as it’s off season, you can sell the produce for higher prices.
6. You can grow them anywhere; window ledge, rooftop, cellar, attic, garden, greenhouse, garage or bedroom.
7. Hydroponic plants grow on average 40% larger than their soil based brothers. This is because you have given them their ideal growing conditions and constant access to all the nutrients they need.
8. The main problem for novice gardeners is under or over watering which can kill plants. This problem is eliminated with hydroponic gardens as you don’t need to water them!
9. For the reasons already listed above, hydroponic plants grow up to 50% faster than other methods of gardening! This has obvious advantages if you’re feeding a large family or are planning on making some money out of it!