So, you live in Orlando and you need to find a landscape contractor…but where do you begin? Begin by asking yourself what’s important to you. Of course, price will be a factor when hiring a landscape contractor, but there are many in the Orlando area that will provide low-cost landscaping assistance with exceptional service and value.
Orlando homeowners should look for landscape contractors who provide landscape maintenance, installation, pest control and much more. Exceptional service, presented in a timely manner, is also key when choosing your landscape contractor. They should stand behind their work to make sure that every Orlando homeowner is satisfied beyond a doubt.
When looking at all of the landscape contractors in the Orlando area, you can find one company that does it all…Commercial Landscaping and Maintenance, Mowing, Edging, Trimming, Blowing, Leveling – Fill Dirt, Tree/Stump Removal, Trash Removal, Sod Installation…and more!
But whether you are seeking the assistance of a landscape contractor in Orlando to recommend and maintain a few plants, or to plan an entire landscape for your home, be sure to ask if they are certified with the FNGLA (Florida Nursery, Growers & Landscape Association). As a consumer, you deserve to have the most knowledgeable landscape contractor to handle your landscape needs. The FNGLA symbolizes knowledge and professionalism in the Orlando area.
As an Orlando homeowner, you should know that Florida has a horticulture industry certification program – the only one of its kind in the state – that provides landscape industry professionals with an opportunity to earn a professional designation as a Landscape Contractor or Landscape Designer. The FNGLA sponsors this unique industry certification program, and in order to receive full accreditation, landscape industry professionals must complete an extensive exam.
How else can you evaluate the qualifications of your landscape contractor? Well, start by asking the following questions of them.
1. Are you a certified member of the FNGLA as a Landscape Contractor in Orlando?
2. How long have you been in business as a Landscape Contractor in the Orlando area?
3. Do you have an Orlando-based business telephone and address?
4. Do you have a vehicle with your company name on the side?
5. Will you provide me with a copy of your Landscape Contractor’s certificate of insurance issued in Orlando?
6. Do you have a license to work as a Landscape Contractor in the Orlando area?
7. Can you provide a list of references in the Orlando area whom I may contact about your work as a landscape contractor?
8. Do you offer a warranty on parts and labor?
9. Will you guarantee that overspray will be at a minimum?
10. Are you going to zone the sprays and rotors separately to prevent over watering?
Any Landscape Contractor you decide to hire should be comfortable answering these questions and you should be comfortable with their answers.